Hello, and Welcome.
I am 14 and I am just about to start my GCSE’s.
This Blog is all about how I cope with these next two years. I will be giving my honest thoughts on everything with all the ins and outs. You don’t have to be doing your GCSE’s to read this blog. You can follow me along my journey just to find out about what it’s like now and the realities on how people cope with studying, but if you are going through GCSE’s then you are welcome to steal ideas and techniques that have worked for me along the way. Just think of me as your GCSE guinea pig.
Obviously, I am not a professional, I have never done this before but I know that for me it would have helped to know what I am about to come across and relating to people’s thoughts on things that I have faced. Also, I wanted to be able to look back on the things I came across and to be able to learn from my mistakes.
First off, there are a few things you must know about me:
- Marks – I am not the bottom of my classes, but I wouldn’t say that I am the top but really that doesn’t matter. Also, I think that the new marking system is really confusing and every school is different. Therefore when I talk about my marks I am going to mark them based on how happy I am with them because that should be the only thing that matters. For example 5/5 – super happy with what I got.
- Studying – I study super hard if I want good marks. I am not one of those people who can go into a test with no revision and get 10/10. I need to study, so expect loads of entries with pictures of my revision. I can not say that I have a perfect revision technique but I usually like pretty colourful notes.
- Future – (I can not predict what I want to do, and although I have an estimation in what I want to do, there might still be changes.) In the future, I would like to go to university and study medicine. I would like to research and find cures.
- Happiness – I am going, to be honest, I am never really ever happy with my marks. I don’t know what it is but I always feel like I could have done better.
- Hobbies – I have a few hobbies such as, I play the piano and I am currently working on grade 3. I read constantly, I absolutely love books. I like sewing which is why I am taking textiles.
- My subjects – The subjects I am taking are: English, Maths, Science, French, RS, History, Geography, French and Textiles.
So now that is all out of the way, I hope you join me on this scary adventure and if you are doing your GCSE’s, Good Luck.